Microneedling is a simple, comfortable, and effective treatment for skin rejuvenation. At Perspectives Plastic Surgery, we use the SkinPen Precision device to create millions of controlled microchannels in the skin, which elicit your body’s natural wound-healing response. As we age, our skin loses approximately 1% of its collagen every year beginning in our early to mid-20s. Microneedling works at the site of treatment to stimulate the production of new collagen and elastin, helping to remodel your tissue and give your skin a younger, firmer, and more radiant appearance. The main benefits of microneedling include the following:
- Improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Treating scars, including acne scars, hypertrophic and keloid scars
- Decreasing pore size and smoothing skin texture
- Increasing skin elasticity
- Promoting hair growth in those experiencing alopecia and other hair loss
Results may appear after one treatment but will continue to improve for 3 to 6 months following your last treatment. We recommend waiting at least 4 to 6 weeks between microneedling treatments. If you are seeking a minimally invasive treatment to improve the overall texture and appearance of your skin, as well as tackle signs of aging, microneedling may be a great option for you. Contact us today to learn more about microneedling.